The Sony Open in Hawaii tees off every January at Waialae Country Club. The PGA TOUR's first full-field event of the calendar year, the Sony Open in Hawaii attracts 144 of the world’s finest golf pros who compete for a share of the $6 million purse, with the tournament champion taking home a check for $1,080,000 in prize money. The Sony Open in Hawaii is the signature fundraising event for Friends of Hawaii Charities. Since 1999, Friends of Hawaii Charities, Inc., with Sony Open charity partner, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Inc., have distributed $16,000,000 to over 350 Hawaii not-for-profit organizations.
Other recent news:
- January 15, 2017: Winnings from Waialae!
- January 14, 2017: PGA TOUR history made in paradise!
- January 11, 2017: 5 More Days for Aloha for Hawaii Charities!
- January 10, 2017: It's Tee Time for Sony Open Tournament Week!
- January 5, 2017: A Field of Dreams for Sony Open in Hawaii!
- December 29, 2016: Say Aloha to 2016!
- December 25, 2016: Mele Kalikimaka from the Sony Open in Hawaii!
- December 19, 2016: Christmas Gifts for the Golf Fan from $20 to $185!
- December 16, 2016: Early Christmas Cheer for Hawaii Junior Golfers!'
- December 6, 2016: Friends of Hawaii Charities Grant Application Announcement
- November 29, 2016: You Give, We Give and Charity Gets More!
- October 28, 2016: Will You Be Our Friend?
- September 19, 2016: Experience a PGA TOUR Event Through a Volunteer's Voice!
- August 30, 2016: Swing for Sony Open's Sweet 16 Chalet!
- August 23, 2016: Volunteer for the 2017 Sony Open in Hawaii!
- June 30, 2016: Driving Your Business into the Green!
- June 2016: Sony Open in Hawaii Honored for "Green Practices"