Tournament week for the 2018 Sony Open in Hawaii tees off January 8-14 at Waialae Country Club. The PGA TOUR's first full-field event of the calendar year, the Sony Open in Hawaii attracts 144 of the world’s finest golf pros who will compete for a share of the $6.2 million purse, with the tournament champion taking home a check for $1,116,000 in prize money. The Sony Open in Hawaii is the signature fundraising event for Friends of Hawaii Charities. Since 1999, Friends of Hawaii Charities, Inc., with Sony Open charity partner, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Inc., have distributed $17,000,000 to over 350 Hawaii not-for-profit organizations.
Other recent news:
- December 4, 2017: PGA TOUR, Sony extend sponsorship of Sony Open in Hawaii through 2022
- November 17, 2017: The Sweetest Deal of the Sony Open!
- November 15, 2017: A New Season to Show Your Aloha for Hawaii Charities!
- October 13, 2017: Sony Open 20% Anniversary Savings Promotion
- August 14, 2017: 2018 Sony Open Tickets and Hospitality Passes on Sale!
- June 30, 2017: Sony Open Raises $1 Million for Hawaii Charities!
- May 26, 2017: Sony Open Receives Hawaii Green Business Award!
- January 31, 2017: Together We Make a Difference!
- January 15, 2017: Winnings from Waialae!
- January 14, 2017: PGA TOUR history made in paradise!
- January 11, 2017: 5 More Days for Aloha for Hawaii Charities!
- January 10, 2017: It's Tee Time for Sony Open Tournament Week!
- January 5, 2017: A Field of Dreams for Sony Open in Hawaii!